Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 04, 2022, 02:40:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went flying.  (Read 241744 times)
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 167

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: June 22, 2022, 06:39:49 AM »

I have a pack of bolts for the GM300 they are M2 Cap Head with 16mm of thread they are A4 Stainless so not as strong as the original hardened steel ones but they work just fine for me and I have been using the red Modella props I got for John Hook too. You need a small Allen Key to tighten them - 1.5mm measured across the flats
If you still need some let me know and I'll pop a few in the post ( I bought a pack of 50 !)
Chris, if you could spare a couple that'd be great, even if I just keep them as spares. I'm bound to lose the one I've got sooner or later. I'll put the red Modela prop back on for now though as there is no prop jumping issue when I run the motor with that one. It's just the bigger, thicker-hubbed orange Chinese prop (as recommended by Dan) that struggles to stay put with the existing bolt. I haven't tried Jon's Loctite idea yet though, so all may yet be well with that too.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 62

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: June 22, 2022, 11:58:14 AM »

I just use ordinary M2 bolts. Never had any issues.

Cheers,

Dan.
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 114

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: June 27, 2022, 05:11:28 PM »

Got a chance to put my latest build into the air (briefly) this weekend. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jfAaVga-2o

30" Corsair from the Herr kit, finished as Cook Cleland's "Lucky Gallon" 1946 Thompson Trophy contender.  Glides looked good, but on the second powered flight the tall grass flipped the model and cracked the horizontal stab spar.  I repaired it, but by the time I could get back to the airplane the breeze had come up too much for initial trimming.   Next time...

Mike
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Went flying.
High Point
Gold Member

Kudos: 16

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: June 27, 2022, 10:06:16 PM »

Beautiful plane Mike and thanks for the video post, it looks great in the air!

Curtis
Jasco
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Aero Ergo Sum

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: June 28, 2022, 01:57:54 PM »

Gorgeous airplane.  I never think to do WWII fighters up in race livery. Bad luck on breaking the plane even with all that tall grass.
I look forward to further updates!

I'm the same age I've always been.
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 114

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: June 28, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »

Gorgeous airplane.  I never think to do WWII fighters up in race livery. Bad luck on breaking the plane even with all that tall grass.
I look forward to further updates!

Thanks!  I wasn't expecting to break anything in that nice tall grass, but the bottom of the gull wing catches the grass and the model flips over quite violently. The light wood I used on the stab wasn't strong enough to handle the flip. No biggie - I'm going to add a short length of carbon rod along the stab spar to reduce the chances of cracking it again.

Mike
planeJohn
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: June 28, 2022, 04:01:23 PM »

Enjoying your beautiful Herr Corsair, thanks for sharing video and craftsman build!
Carbon fiber is both strategic and wise, good for you!

John
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: