Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 30, 2021, 02:11:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help Support the Forum & Gallery - Plan Printing  (Read 8606 times)
cd_webb
Silver Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

This was my first time to use Dave for printing of plans. The first thing I noticed after opening the envelope was the paper quality, heavy, bright white paper with a nice smooth finish - a far cry from most plans you build from. The second thing I noticed was how crisp and clear the line work was. I'm sorry now that I had them sent folded. Something as pretty as this shouldn't be creased.

I'm a happy customer and I'll be back;
Thanks, Dave!

David
kochie

Kudos: 1

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2014, 07:14:22 AM »

Once again excellent service from Dave with his plans.
Kochie Australia.
Ratz
MAAC#26533
Administrator
Gold Member

Kudos: 133

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »

Had an email from a fellow I did some printing for. A rather large CAD drawing of a wing design he's working on. He's not a member of the Forum (yet) so I feel compelled to post his email.

Dave,

Received the plans on Saturday, could not ask for a better plotting, line widths are good and my scale shows that the dimensional accuracy is spot on. Thank you for working with me on this and your willingness to share your expertise. As far as the Hip Pocket Aeronautics Builders’ Forum, I have taken advantage of all the great information but neglected to register, will have to do that in the near future.

Thanks,
Thomas Batz

We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing.
spacerod
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »

I recently decided I should build a new Bostonian for the fall season.
I selected a few plans from  the Gallery and contacted Ratz about ordering them.
With all the help he provided I shortly had the plans in my hands.
They are great. My problem now is deciding which one to build first.
   If you are looking for a new project, check the Plans Gallery and order them
from Ratz. You can't go wrong.

Spacerod  (Charlie Coeyman) 
BlueBaron
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »

I had several plans done by Dave, including enlargements. All were outstanding and of high quality. I would certainly order again, thank you Dave.     All the best, Mike   Smiley
daveh
Gold Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »

I emailed Dave a jpeg copy of a plan and the paper copy was mailed to me within a few days. I have just received it and the quality is excellent - far better paper than my local print shop and a beautifully crisp image. The only drawback is that it looks far too nice to use for building a model; maybe I'll get a copy made from which to build and have this one framed? Seriously though, thanks for a great service Ratz.

Dave Hunt
glue_finger
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »

Just received a pair of plans.  Great value.  This is the way to go.  Easier and cheaper than a trip to the print shop, good quality, on top of helping out with upkeep on the forum.
hurri1940

Kudos: 0

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »

Hi Dave,  I recieved all the plans I ordered in short order , well packaged and they were superb.  Much appreciated and the cost was Extremely reasonable.   thanks again, Hurri 1940
daveh
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »

Had another plan printed by Ratz, this time reduced in size to a specific wingspan. Once again the quality is excellent, dimensions spot on and arrived in UK within just over a week of ordering. All in all a great service; thanks Ratz.

Dave
JiminYYC

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »

Hi all;

I had four sets of plans printed by Dave and they came out absolutely great.  The lines were clear and crisp, and they're going to work great.  I was very pleased with the quality of the prints and will be using Dave for any future plan printing I need to get done.

Jim

PeteP

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2015, 10:07:10 PM »

Hey Dave, a great site and thanks for the fantastic service mate. Great quality printing too. Pete Preston, Perth Western Australia.
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:19 PM »

Just got some plans printed by Dave, and echo all the previous comments.  Very high quality product, good price,and it helps support the forum. 

Frank
warped wing
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »

I just received my r/c nobler plans from Rats. They are on better paper than what comes in a kit. The print is top quality.  These plans are awsome. Thank you Ratz.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:18:16 PM by Ratz » Logged

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
Curtis H.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »

Hi, can you print me out plans to 1/24 scale straight from the builder's plan forum?
Ratz
MAAC#26533
Administrator
Gold Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »

Hi, can you print me out plans to 1/24 scale straight from the builder's plan forum?

Sure. No problem at all. Contact me via email.
[email protected]

loflyer2001

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2015, 07:28:05 PM »

Very pleased with the new set of plans. Enlarging works professionally done on quality paper.
I recommend his work to anyone who want to have plans printed.
Guy,   Pincourt,QC
Curtis H.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »

Just received plans for a scaled up Dewoitine D.520 AWESOME!!, Very professional looking. Can't wait to build this colorful french fighter. Thanks again Ratz!
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

I have used this service a few times now and the results are always good.  I think we get more attention than one might from the local copy shop as regards tidying up and an assurance of accuracy etc. 

But one thing does intrigue me! 

My local (well 12 miles away) Staples would charge £3.00 for inserting the "stick" to read the pdf. and then £3.00 per sheet.  So the plan I have just had copied (two sheets) would have cost £9.00 plus the petrol etc. to travel - say (UK prices £4.00 minimum.  Dave charged me just under £7.00 including shipping from Canada to the UK and thus an advantage all round.  I think it took about 4 or 5 days to arrive which was probably as quick had I had to go to Staples at a convenient time.  And of course was all done in a few minutes one evening from my chair.

That you Dave.
BlueBaron
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »

I sent another special request order to Dave and it was done outstandingly. Thank you Dave. I am always extremely happy with your work. All the best, Michael Boucher  Smiley
Ron_P
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »

Dave (Ratz) has printed a number of plans for my use. I used to calculate the wing span and ask Dave to reduce the plan(s) as a percent of the original, standard in the graphics community. I once ordered some plans and forgot to calculate the percent of original and only mentioned the needed wing spans. Without question, Dave did the calculations, fixed any out of place "lines", printed the plans and neatly folded the plans for mailing.
I am very happy with the service that Dave provides. His fees are very reasonable, and the rate of currency exchange is in the favor of the US modeler. I can't say enough about the guy, . . he can't be doing this for the money!
sprogs
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2016, 02:41:40 PM »

Dear dave
Would you be kind enough to give me some idea of how much it would cost to have printed the plan of the HP42, and sent to the UK tubed?
Thanks.
Liz
P.S. I daren't even attempt it but I love it so much I want it on my wall. Better wallpaper than embossed ferns at least!

The interface between air and ground has no thickness at all. So why do I always find room for my aircraft there ?
Ratz
MAAC#26533
Administrator
Gold Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »

Hi Liz,

Download the plan and email it to me here please: Dave (Ratz)

Thanks

PS: Depending on the size of the plan, postage for a tube can get stupid expensive. Just sayin'

Tommy Wee
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »

Got yesterday two plans for P-40E from Dave. Good quality and cheap, what more could one ask for?
There is just no reason to print these at home!

Thank you Dave!

Tommy

A builder of some, a master of none.
BBailey
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Me & my Great Grandson Bentley Liam Bailey

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2016, 05:15:17 PM »

Great Dave!!!! I don't know what it costs to deliver across the Pond but maybe you have a general Idea. I live in Michigan, USA, If S&H is not too much I would love to use your Service. Can you Scan an Scale as well?

I have a local service here, but I would like to "donate" to the website.

BBailey

BBailey
Tommy Wee
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 10:06:27 AM »

A return customer here in Finland.
Found a beautiful and slightly weird (=interesting!) P-30 plan by Barnaby Wainfan, called Swallow. As usual, got the plan fast and at a good price from Dave. Good quality, too.

Thanks.

Tommy

A builder of some, a master of none.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: