Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 05, 2020, 08:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help Support the Forum & Gallery - Plan Printing  (Read 6285 times)
sprogs
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

Dear dave
I sent a message a few days ago regarding some 1952 and 1960 practical mechanics plans that I have in magazines to see if they were any god to you to publish in the forum. I do not have the ability or equipment to do them justice. I also do not have the memory of where the heck I sent or posted them. I was sure I sent them to you. any chance of helping me find them, or at least telling me where to send them?
Liz

The interface between air and ground has no thickness at all. So why do I always find room for my aircraft there ?
Ratz
MAAC#26533
Administrator
Gold Member

Kudos: 133

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »

Dear dave
I sent a message a few days ago regarding some 1952 and 1960 practical mechanics plans that I have in magazines to see if they were any god to you to publish in the forum. I do not have the ability or equipment to do them justice. I also do not have the memory of where the heck I sent or posted them. I was sure I sent them to you. any chance of helping me find them, or at least telling me where to send them?
Liz

Am I to assume you mean that you sent the magazine(s)? Email me please so we can get this sorted out. [email protected]

We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing.
sprogs
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2016, 02:12:56 PM »

Hi Dave
I tried to email you but it just refused me.
I just sent you info about the mags and the plans so you could see if you had any interest in them, they are your for the taking. Just send me an address
They are Practical mechanics 1952 "Super duration flier" rubber cabin monoplane sports, and 1960 "The Mamba team racer cl"
I just wanted someone to benefit from them, they are lovely deigns from a past era.
Liz

The interface between air and ground has no thickness at all. So why do I always find room for my aircraft there ?
Hughs Aircraft
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »

I got the plan for the S Calhoun Smith Sportwagon from Dave. Good heavy paper, the missing wing and tail panels were added at almost negligible cost, and a 3% out of scale problem was corrected. If printed locally, this issue would not show up until much construction was done, and then I would have a real problem.

I am very pleased!
Hugh Langhans
TCampbell

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2016, 10:24:07 PM »

I sent Dave a PDF of plans for the Beechcraft Staggerwing from RCM's December 1975 issue. The plans are well drawn and clear and Dave did a superb job scaling them up. The paper and line clarity are top notch. I'll definitely be back. Thanks, Dave!
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2016, 07:17:54 PM »

Great service, good price and high quality.  Easier than getting done locally.  Repeat customer and will have more done.
Curtis H.

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

So I found the Sterling models p-61 black widow on e-bay for a really good price. All the parts are there but no plans, luckily I found them in the plans gallery,Dave printed them out for me in perfect scale. The paper is clean and crisp and I couldnt be happier. So if you are looking to have plans printed or re-sized,Ratz is the one to do it. Thanx again
Duncan McBride
Silver Member

Kudos: 14

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »

Another happy tribute to Dave (Ratz) and the Hip Pocket Plans Printing Service.  Just received plans for the Lanzo Record Holder, an OT Cabin behemoth that is going to fill up the sky at the Nats next year!  Beautiful Thermic-style flared wing planform, and a flip-up cabin top DT!  Dave kindly cleaned up what was a marginal scan and helped get it to perfect scale. 

If you are considering building from any of the plans here, do yourself a favor and send a note to Ratz.  See you at the Nats!
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2016, 05:27:32 PM »

Ive been ordering lots of plans from Ratz lately and wanted to chime in recommending this service.  Plans are first rate, excellent quality.  Very easy to order; just email with the details, use Paypal to purchase and about a week later they show up in your mailbox.

Ive given up trying to use local copy shops, they usually dont have time, dont check for scale, dont clean up the plans, and god forbid if you want them enlarged or reduced.

Ratz does all of that and is a modeler so knows what you want even if you forget to ask.  Highly recommended.
Brenda
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2016, 11:30:11 AM »

Well I've got about 10 different sets of plans from Ratz now. All have been top notch and worked very well. Ratz also "cleaned up" a few old plans for me so I could read what was on the plans. He even did some decal stuff on heavy paper so all I had to do was cut it out and use it. When I get short run kits I always get the plans from Ratz.
giantbikeboy
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2017, 09:00:49 PM »

Thank you Ratz for getting a beautiful set of plans for my next project out to me. Arrived a couple days early! Great job.

GBB Grin

Walt
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2017, 11:34:26 PM »

Dave did a great job on some plans for the Cessna 150, and included the parts that were not on the plan but rather on the ki it's balls sheet.  The plans were crisp and arrived quickly.  Thanks!
Walt
KevinB

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »

Kudos to Ratz for the excellent plans; they are to scale, easy to read, and on good strong paper.
I am delighted and intend to return for more plans once I am finished building the Sterling Stearman.
Happy landings,
KevinB
GeoffinIN
Gold Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:43 PM »

I tried downloading the Vickers/Armstrong Wellington from the plans gallery, but it was too warped to use.  I ordered A copy from Ratz with the request that he correct the distortions and enlarge it 25%.  It arrived completely distortion-free and beautiful!  As mentioned above, I should have ordered two:  One to hang on the wall as artwork and one to build from!

This is the second plan I've ordered, and it won't be the last!

Geoff Sanders
Muncie, Indiana
Larry R.
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

Two thumbs up for the HPBF Plan Printing service.  I ordered a set of three plans.  All were printed on high quality paper.  The plans look perfect.  I will definitely order plans in the future.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 58

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2019, 11:54:19 AM »

I just had a plan from the Gallery enlarged. Excellent quality and Canada to UK in 4 days!

Much appreciated and highly recommended.

Dan.
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2020, 04:43:36 PM »

Just had yet another set of plans printed.  Great product and great service.  Very fast and high quality.  Still the best deal around.  Thanks again Dave.
CaptainRalph

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2020, 08:28:12 PM »

Hi Dave,  Thanks much for the plans for my Pilot kit for the Aeronca "Champion."  I have a bad habit of rolling up folded plans, and in this case I gave away the plans for this kit, unintentionally, rolled up inside the plans for a larger Aeronca.

Now I remember where I put them, but I don't recall who I gave the plans to!   I'm giving the kit to a young man who recently joined our club (Arizona Model Pilots Society, or "AMPS").  Ethan is about 16, and after less than a year he's a better pilot than most of us!  He flys ARFs, and I'm giving him this kit to encourage him to enjoy the building part of our hobby.

Preserving these plans is a blessing, and you are to be commended.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:59:22 AM by Ratz » Logged
ksn3n3
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »

Another set of plans done last week.  High quality work and fast turnaround.  Repeat customer.  Thanks Dave.
Invader3
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2020, 10:31:31 AM »

A beautiful set of plans cleaned up & printed by Dave, and shipped to the UK in 4 working days!

Amazing service for a ridiculously reasonable price  Grin (Oops , should I have said that ? He might charge more next time  Cheesy Cheesy)

Ratz Rules!  Cool

John
averagebear

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2020, 12:57:19 AM »

This is a terrific printing service for the community of modelers who continue to build aircraft and other projects from blueprints.
I've ordered many printing jobs from Ratz and his work is superior to anything you can get at a copy shop.
Don't hesitate to contact him and get going on those models you've had in mind for ages to build but postponed until now!
bigotucci

Argentina Argentina

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »

Me interesa. Haré un pequeño listado de planos y se lo enviare
BlueBaron
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2020, 10:30:29 AM »

Hi Dave, Thanks again for printing up another great order of plans. I appreciate you taking the time to size up everything perfectly and clean up the plans where needed. If someone had problems with getting plans printed correctly by others in the past, they won't have any problems here. Dave, thank you. I can't say enough about this outstanding service to the modeling community. Happy belated Canada Day and upcoming 4th of July to all who celebrate. Stay healthy and safe, Michael Boucher
psullivan34

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2020, 08:50:16 PM »

Thank you, Dave, for a great set of printed plans on my project.  Sincerely, Phil
psullivan34

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2020, 06:41:57 AM »

Thank you, Dave, for cleaning up the wing lines and printing those plans.  Everything arrived here and looks great!  Phil
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: