Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 21, 2020, 10:14:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norvel 049 061 engines  (Read 4335 times)
lesquilant
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:08:18 AM »

Can someone please tell me the answers to the following.
1.   I have read that an 061 is a bored out 049 and that the crank cases are the same. However I have seen on one web site that the two crankcases have different part numbers.
2.   The serial number on my engine is 8011543. I think that the 80 possibly indicates it is an 049. Can someone tell me the significance of the 11543, possibly the year and Huh
3.   Would anyone have a copy of the original instructions which came with these engines.
4.   I would be grateful of any other data which would be useful.
Volar libremente

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:56:46 AM »

Hello lesquilant.

Norvel engine is a Russian design but the production license currently has a Chinese company called AP (ASP).

I have one of each, a Norvel Big Mig and an AP Wasp but both are 0.61 cu. in.

Personally I think they are very simple engines and require no more than 20% nitro. Although it is necessary to change the needle valve if you use bladder sistems for the tank. Here in South America experts recommend to add 70 cc. of castor oil per liter of commercial fuel to prevent premature wear.

Maybe help you look at these links.

http://www.gregorie.org/freeflight/f1j/norvel049/norvel049.html

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_smallengines.htm

http://aeromodelismovolarlibremente.blogspot.com/2009/06/ame-ap-tercera-parte.html

Regards
lesquilant
Bronze Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »

Hi Volar libremente,

Thanks for the reply and details. I have looked at the various web sites and they will greatly help me.

Regards
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »

Check this forum. Lots of info, including a set of instructions.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3747976/tm.htm

- Norm
lesquilant
Bronze Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »

Thanks Norm just what I need.

Les.
klondike17

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:26:54 AM »

You got it wrong - 049 and 061 crankcases are different. I know that for a fact - I am a factory rep. So if you need Norvel parts or engines, please contact me directly at [email protected]
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Norvel 049 061 engines
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 05:50:36 AM »

The o.d. of the 049 liner is 12.0mm and the 061 is 12.80mm.You can bore the 049 out to fit the 061 liner-I did mine with a rotary burr mounted in the drillpress but a mill will do a nicer job.For spares in Australia contact Scott at Ace Hobbies Midland WA he has a stack of original 061 and 049 Norvel spares but they are all Big Migs not the high performance AME.
klondike17

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »

Hello lesquilant.

Norvel engine is a Russian design but the production license currently has a Chinese company called AP (ASP).

Do not spread the false information - ASP never had a production license - they just stole the design. Norvel is produced in Russia under a new brand NV.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:41:30 AM by Ratz » Logged
Volar libremente

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25:03 PM »

Hello lesquilant.

Do not spread the false information - ASP never had a production license - they just stole the design. Norvel is produced in Russia under a new brand NV.

Ok, seems I'll have to reply to a comment from a year ago.
My comment was referring to information that an importer of these engines gave me several years ago. I understand the reason for his comment, but I hope not misunderstand me, not trying to spread anything on that matter that you call stealing anyone had said anything until now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: