Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 23, 2021, 04:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Frog Talisman build  (Read 3409 times)
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 77

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Jon Whitmore

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »

Hi Hovis, depending on where you are in Cambridgeshire, you might be within striking distance of Geoff Stubbs model shop in Oundle. I don't know if he sells fuel but he flies FF diesel most weekends so he'd certainly be able to help. His number is 01832 273866, I'm sure he'd be happy to chat about it!

Jon
Hovis
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »

thanks Jon,

Oundle is about 1.5 hours away from here (Ely).  I should be OK for fuel for a while.  I wish I'd mixed it earlier though because whoever put the lid on the ether didn't do it tight enough and 1/3 of it had gone!

Before I ran out of it, the remaining D1000 I had from over 10 years ago was fine - and it had been stored out in a shed that was subject to extreme temperatures. I was surprised it was OK.

greggles47
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 05:20:40 AM »

Hovis,

A lot of British fliers subscribe to the Barton CL Forum. I'd suggest you head overthere and see if you have any near neighbours to fly with and share info on fuel flying sites etc.

Good luck, the model looks good.

Regards

Greg

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 77

Jon Whitmore

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »

Oundle is about 1.5 hours away from here (Ely). 

Ah, well I suppose Oundle is only Just Cambridgeshire! Inwoods at Huntingdon would be nearer but they are mostly glow and petrol stuff I think.

The Peterborough Club flies control line and even does indoor control line at Whittlesey.

Jon
ozejohn
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 11:43:24 PM »

I'm at the engine-bearer drilling stage with this model but it seems rather front heavy.

The pics show what I have so far - pinned and banded together - not accurately(!).  Front to back balance point is about the middle of the tank.  This is before I've added the front/side reinforcement too, which will make it more front heavy.

If I move the engine back further, I can almost get it balancing on the leading edge but then I'd have to make and install a wing-tank. It still seems to far forward to me.

I think the PAW is probably heavier than other 1.5cc engines but what should I do in ths case?  Will it fly OK or just drop like a V1 when the engine is out?

Also, how much weight should I add to the outer wing tip?

I just read your question re CG too far forward. Happens with that design with 1.5 cc engines installed. Sorry this emal is too late for this model.

Possible solutions - add the tip weight in the vee of the sheet training edge and perhaps use a 3/16 sheet tailplane.

greggles47
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 05:10:06 AM »

Hey Ozejohn,

I'm not too sure about moving the wingtip weight back, it'll probably cause more problems than it'll cure.

If it's nose heavy put the weight on the tailplane.

Hey Hovis,

Are you snowed in that the moment? I hope if you are you're taking the opportunity to build even more models. You can never have too many of them.

Regrds

G

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: