Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 24, 2019, 12:06:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show us your P-30's  (Read 61495 times)
Oldtime Flyer
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

United States United States

"Keep it Simple"

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: December 04, 2016, 01:31:39 AM »

I built the short kit. I didn't know how to add weight and balance at cg.  Adding weight to the fuse under and the wing makes sense thanks for the help. I had planned on flying it underweight. 

Add weight to the nose first with the 10 gram motor installed. It will take at least some of the 10 grams you're under weight to balance at the C/G. (As noted on the plans) Then add the remaining left over under the wing at the C/G.
Thank you for building the"Majestyk."

Otf'er.......

FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: December 06, 2016, 06:42:33 PM »

After final assembly is accomplished and the model still comes out too lite then I suggest you add rubber bands to get the weight total you need. I had to do that on a Majestyk several years ago. It still flew OOS.
Oldtime Flyer
Gold Member

"Keep it Simple"

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: December 08, 2016, 12:39:30 AM »

After final assembly is accomplished and the model still comes out too lite then I suggest you add rubber bands to get the weight total you need. I had to do that on a Majestyk several years ago. It still flew OOS.

After you have the model balanced at the correct C/G which is more important than any other issue.

Otf'er......
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: April 22, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »

Here we go. Banana Fritter #3. Weight without rubber is 46 grams, my heaviest BF so far. Still expect it will fly well enough for my small field.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Show us your P-30's
dohrmc
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: August 30, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »

Lost my modified Pirate at the last contest. She sleeps with the fishes in the Chattahoochee now. So I got out my old Square Eagle Kit and built it. Always wanted to build it, and so I did.
Test flew it yesterday at the sod farm, and it flew right off the board, no clay needed. It’s a little under 44 grams, which is not bad for a stock kit, and a Gizmo Geezer on the pointy end.
6 strands of 1/8” will be its steady diet.
A big rain shower forced me to cut short my trim session, but I’ll finish it next week, and should have a fine P30 to fill out the next contest roster.

I’ve never seen a Square Eagle that did not fly well.
dohrmc
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: August 30, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »

While I’m posting pictures, I found this photo of my Tail Firster. A good flying plane! 
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: September 01, 2018, 07:57:58 PM »

Dorhm, looks great!! There just something about those old models that just fly right off of the Bd. I.e. Super 30 and Majestics!

Scott
dohrmc
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: September 01, 2018, 10:00:36 PM »

Thanks!
I have a Really nice Majestic I finished also. Initial tests are great. Need to get a picture posted. 40.2 grams, so I imagine it will be the 3/32” one.
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: September 02, 2018, 01:59:21 AM »

Nice models DO. 44 gms sounds pretty good to me for your Square Eagle. how well di the Tail Firster fly?

John
dohrmc
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: September 02, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »

The Tail Firster flies very well under power and glides well. It has done quite a few maxes, but I wasn’t very focused on learning how to fly it well.
I am going to fly a lot more in P30, so I intend to get more squared away. Maybe I can get it going better.
danberry
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: September 02, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »

They fly just fine.
duration
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: September 03, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »

The canard layout might have an advantage in rubber-powered events such as P-30 that do not allow folding props. A freewheeling prop at the rear would seem to have less drag than one in front, since the rear-mounted prop would be working in the "dirty" air behind the wing. A horizontally-stopped aft prop might be even better. (The rules only bans folding or feathered props.)

A conventional layout with the stab mounted on two booms and a pusher prop just behind the wing would work, but only if a short motor and gears were used to get the CG in the right spot.

Louis
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: