Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 18, 2019, 05:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show us your P-30's  (Read 61769 times)
Tmat
Titanium Member

Kudos: 68

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

O.k., both plans are in the FFQ P-30 survey for 2010. I'll scan and post for you P-30 fans.

Tmat
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Show us your P-30's

F1B guy...
But don't hold that against me!
Eduardo Yamin
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

Argentina Argentina

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »

O.k., both plans are in the FFQ P-30 survey for 2010. I'll scan and post for you P-30 fans.

I´m very happy to see that Meteoro figure in FFQ 2010 survey.

More information and video about Omar´s Meteoro:

http://p30br.blogspot.com/2009/06/meteoro-p30-de-omar-grassetti.html

Direct link to plans download:

http://www.e-voo.com/plantas/vl/imgs/meteoro.zip

Regards,
Eduardo Yamin
http://www.eduardoyamin.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:26:31 PM by Eduardo Yamin » Logged
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »

Thank you for the plans and data.
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2010, 02:31:24 AM »

Omar´s Meteoro:

Now that's a lovely looking plane - twin fins do it for me!

I have the original FFQ issues covering E30, and thus didn't bother to buy the new book....... it looks as though I'll have to talk to Paypal again Cheesy

Just what I need, another model on the build list!

Peter
HatzLymanC
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »

Thank you!!!

Lyman
Alexandre Cruz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 11

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

Beautiful Saturno V3 Jim! 35g is 3g lighter than my model, I usually put the lead on the nose and move the wing forward to correct balance point.

I hope you enjoy your V3 as much as I do. I never used a Gizmo prop on mine, only Peck and Ikara on 6 1/8” strands. When possible please provide us a flight report, climb with peck is pretty strong.
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 279

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »

Thank you Alexandre.  I'll place the tracker at the CG and then make any necessary final adjustment to weight.

I'm not sure how the Gizmo will stand up to the impact of the model coming down with a pop-off wing d/t system, if any problems arise I'll change to my own Garami clutch mounted on the shaft.

I have to admit that I changed the spar arrangement a little, gusseted the ribs to that slim trailing edge - and changed the rigging in that the wing is now at -1 degree and the stabiliser trailing edge raised to retain the decalage. Works well on other models so .. we shall see ... Looking forward to getting it into the air, probably in July at Geneseo
DerekMc
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »

I'm not sure how the Gizmo will stand up to the impact of the model coming down with a pop-off wing d/t system, if any problems arise I'll change to my own Garami clutch mounted on the shaft.

I have never had a problem Jim. The Gizmo stood up to it just fine. At least so far. 50+dt's

They fly better when you smile!
Derek
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »

Good to hear - thanks, Derek!
Alexandre Cruz
Bronze Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »

Just got back from the Argentina nats. The top tree places were flying Saturno, the first place was flying a V3 using a long 4 strands 1/8” rubber. I place third with my Saturno V4… I will try to post some picture tonight.
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 129

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »

Way to go, Alexandre! I have downloaded the plan for the Saturno and MAY get around to building one - among others - after I get my Gypsy (KielKraft) going (even though I do not have a good place to fly such models).

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Alexandre Cruz
Bronze Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

I have this one from the building process before competition. I will get more with some friends...
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »

Well ... I finally got another airplane off the bench, something that doesn't seem to happen very often these days.

My "Maximus", fourth in a desultory line. It's not sophisticated, it's not elegant and it's not hi-tech ... but all its predecessors flew well enough to please me before they were lost so am hoping for similar results from this. Other than the losing part ....

The airplane carries a little more area than most P30's; previous models have had both undercamber and flat-bottom airfoils and I found little to choose between them - as expected, the flatbased wings climbed higher, the u/c a slightly better glide. I've opted to stay with the flat bottom foil for the extra altitude .. higher into thermal country.

Major differences for this model ... I switched to twin fins instead of the previous fuselage-mounted one ahead of the stab ... mainly because I like twins and a feeling that models so equipped 'groove' a little better under power. This time, rearranged the rigging, wing dropped to -1° and the TE of the stab jacked up accordingly. A full spring stop system fitted and a Garami clutch fitted to the shaft ahead of the prop, simpler than previous ones used, to conform with the rule that the prop cannot be modified. I never consider using the ramp moulded into the prop itself, too unreliable ... and it will wear away in time anyway.

Tracker is carried in a plastic housing on the fuselage side - check pharmacy shelves for small tubes of products, the plastic moulding over such can be cut for various purposes.

Total weight with tracker, batteries and Crockett hook is 38.6 grams so minimal ballast required. The 12" SBF visible in pics is some 20 yrs old .. the noseblock fits this fuselage nicely and I had thoughts of trying it with this fan and 15 grams ... but I'd have to add 5 grams of weight to the folder to bring it in line with the P30 assembly so the idea has cooled a little now.

Ratz Edit: tweaked the colour in a couple of pics
HatzLymanC
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:05 PM »

I like it. Twin fins get me every time!!

Lyman
Scottl0413
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »

This is a picture of my second Souper 30, 1st one was taken by the thermal gods! Total weight came in at 43 grams. Have not yet had time to start the trimming process, but should be a good fun flyer.

Scott
crashcaley
Palladium Member

Kudos: 239

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »

Jim, Way to go kiddo. I like those basic designs. High tech isn't always the winner. It's the person who winds their motor the best and picks the best air. Just try not to lose this one, please.  Smiley

Scott, That Souper will definitely dazzle while in the air. I had one that flew away and then was found by a friend. And then when I got it home I dropped a box on it and crushed the darn thing. Best P-30 flyer I'd had to that point.

Caley

What's stall speed?  Undecided
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

OK, here's my first P-30. (Maybe my last, given the small field I use.) It's a simple design of my own I named the Baysik Bahks. Weight without rubber is 59 grams. Looking forward to trying it out, anyway.
crashcaley
Palladium Member

Kudos: 239

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »

Bargle, Love the covering scheme.  Do you have a D/T on it? Beware of thermal gremlins. Smiley

Caley

What's stall speed?  Undecided
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »

Thanks, Caley. No DT currently, though I did run a line in the wing for a pop off DT at some future point, should I find a place where I can risk near max winds. Given the weight, the thermal gremlins probably don't want to ingest that much fat. Cheesy
MartinR362
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2010, 02:15:05 AM »

I have had a lot of luck with Frank Heeb's P-30 design. Using a Peck Polymer silver prop and 6 strands of 3/32" Tan II rubber the prop run is about 90 secs. I have lost several in strong thermals however. The current one has a Walston xmtr! Grin

Marty
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »

When possible please provide us a flight report, climb with peck is pretty strong.

Alexandre, I had both the 'Maximus' and the "Saturno V3" at Geneseo for some initial trimming. The former worked out in much the same manner as its predecessors with an open sweeping climb pattern up to about 80% turns; I then switched to the Saturno and with no thrust or CG adjustment - just a 0.5mm shim under the stab TE - it was substantially outclimbing my own design on similar power. At that point both were doing over 90 seconds but the Saturno was doing it better and I'm impressed with the design.*

It was getting both breezier and "thermal'ier" so I switched then to other things but that last 20% will release a lot more torque and I look forward to flying it (both... ) at maximum power, maybe at end of next month.

* Looks better in the air also .....  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:26:44 AM by applehoney » Logged
applehoney
Titanium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »

Frank Heeb's P-30 design

Unfamiliar with this one. Have always liked Heeb's designs.

Hard to see but ... do you have a clutch attached to the prop?
albisko
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Slovakia Slovakia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »

Hi

I send my photos P30´s

http://picasaweb.google.sk/100588849894345200054/P30RubberPoweredModel#
Maxout
Titanium Member

Kudos: 97

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »

Absolutely beautiful! What do they weigh?
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 278

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »

Albisko

Attractive designs, great workmanship.

John

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: