Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 03, 2020, 10:36:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tanner 1/2 A  (Read 618 times)
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 49

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »

Does anyone perchance have a dimensioned 3 view of Bob Wells' 1/2A Tanner design. I believe that it might have appeared in the  September 1986 Aeromodeller, as I have the August 86 edition which says that a 3 view will appear next month.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, as I now have a homeless (modelless) TeeDee 049.

Regards

Peter
DaddyO
Platinum Member

Kudos: 61

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »

I'll have a rumage Peter (any idea what was on the cover?)  Undecided

The other possibility is Roy T of the B'mouth club, who usually helps me out on these foraging missions . . .

Toodlepip
Paul

There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is already full
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

Thanks Paul. I'm afraid I don't know what's on the cover as the August issue is the only one I have of that year!

If all else fails I'll give Roy a call, as I'll be at Beaulieu on Sunday!

TTFN

Peter
DaddyO
Platinum Member

Kudos: 61

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

Sorry mate - got plenty of Septembers and plenty from 1986, but none with both at the same time  Embarrassed

Have fun on the Gorse blimey at the weekend
Paul

There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is already full
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 279

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »

Peter
I have the September 1986.  The drawing is not a full size plane but a typical one in Free Flight Scene.  It is too late tonight but I will do a .jpeg tomorrow.

John

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:24:42 AM »

John

Ta very much - you are a gent, but we knew that anyway Wink

I suspected that it would be a 3 view, but I'm not averse to drawing up something sufficient to build from.

Once again, many thanks

Regards

Peter
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 279

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:20 AM »

The .jpegs are attached.

I could not help glancing at the rest of the magazine, as one does, and once again gave a sigh for what the AM once was.  As well as Bob’s 1/2A winner there was his great friend, Jessica Nash’s Womens Cup winner.  They will have gone home a happy pair.  The ‘pull out’ plan was Mick Page’s ‘Butterfly’ HLG accompanied by his memorable article on flying competition chuck glider.  Six pages of control line by Claus Maikis as well as a two page revue of a Mercury ‘Marlin’ repro kit.  Six pages with many three views of Thermal Soarers by George Stringwell.  Vintage Corner in its four pages had a photograph of Chris Boutle (who I don’t know) who had many flights with a DC Bantam powered ‘Scalded Kitten’ – so it wasn’t just Annenberg who got one to fly.  Scale Matters featured Dick Howard’s twins for FAC competition and there were another five pages of scale stuff at the Old Warden weekend.  I was interested to see the four engine Armstrong Whitworth XV by Dave Chinery that flew well powered by four Acoms electric motors, quite something in 1986.  Readers’ Letters (remember how good that was) had a picture of John Buskell with his F1C.  John was giving Dave Hipperson a ticking off!

It was only a quick flick through, honest, I don’t live in the past!

John
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Tanner 1/2 A

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

John

Once again, many thanks, this is all I need. Subsequent to my message I had an e-mail and phone call from another gentleman and scholar (another John), who has offered me a pair of Tanner wings and assured me that the model flies as well without gadgets as with them. This is my lucky day!

I have the Butterfly plan somewhere, and was watching Mick fly his larger DLG version at the Grantham GP. I was bequeathed some Aeromodellers, principally 1989 tiil the final issue, and enjoy flipping through them from time to time. Although I'm not living in the past (but I'd like petrol prices to be back at the 80s level), there is much interesting information to browse over.

Regards

Peter
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 130

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »

Peter,
Your mention of the AM's took me back to this last Saturday at the Fall Lamperthiem "Modellbau Börse" (fiea market).  There was a stand with a whole slew of AM's from between '82 and '89 for sale, but the seller was not in sight! :'(

I wanted to buy the whole lot, but as I rode down with a cohort, I was not able to get back to the stand before we had to leave (it's the largest market in Germany).  Most of the issues still had the plans...

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »

Pete

What a shame. To my mind the 80s was a classic era for the Aeromodeller, with some marvellous plans. The early 90s aren't bad but I feel that AM wasn't quite as good after ownership transferred from MAP to Nexus.

I love old model aircraft magazines, but the problem is that reading gets in the way of building, and I'm invariably tempted to do the former over a cuppa or pint Roll Eyes
Cheers

Peter
glidermaster
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »

I agree with Peetee - 80's AM was a good mag.
I enjoyed the Cowley era, too, short though it was.

Funny how time winnows and refines our opinions - time would prove that Dave was right, and I was wrong!

John
p.s. I still have the F1C in the picture.

Gliders are a part of me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: