Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 28, 2021, 04:49:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "SHŌGUN" from JADE (1990)  (Read 764 times)
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 133

Germany Germany

Topic starter
aka staubkorb

Ignore
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »

I picked up a "barely started" sloper at the model flea market this past Saturday.  The Jarel Aircraft "SHŌGUN".  It is a 41" span, two channel glider that I had always wanted, but never got around to ordering one.  Got it for a paltry 10 Euros.

For such an old kit, it is in EXCELLENT shape, especially the plastic fuz shells (ABS?).  Got it 80% finished already, but I'll have to guess at the "pre-shaped" elevator as it was the only part missing.  I was (and still am) considering making it "covertible" as a sloper and an EDF flyer, since I have a couple of electric fans.  The hesitation is due to the very small access thru the canopy and reservations on the actual amount of room in the fuz.

There is actually a LOT of room - just very shallow and, as mentioned, only a small opening.  Mounting a 40 or 55mm fan to the model should pose no big difficulties, but getting a decent battery into the plane...

Does anyone have any flight info or dimensions for the elevator for this beastie?  It is one SE*Y looking model.

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
perttime
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »

Like this?

Looks like elevator hinge line would be near the rear edge of the fin.

He's been visiting rcgroups but doesnt post often (jarel design)
The Jarel website is still alive but I don't know what else is really going on.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: "SHŌGUN" from JADE (1990)
Pit
Palladium Member

Germany Germany

Topic starter
aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

That's the beastie!  I can fudge the elevator from my scrap box, using the top view on the box.  I just like to confirm that it is at least close.

I'l try to contact Jarel directly.

Thanks,

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Daithi
Gold Member

Kudos: 37

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Simplify - then add more lightness

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »

What way does the 'crash guard' work Pete?

The only ones I've never crashed are ones that hadn't been flown at any stage  Cheesy

It's not that modelling is in my blood. My blood is on a LOT of balsa Wink
Pit
Palladium Member

Germany Germany

Topic starter
aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »

What way does the 'crash guard' work Pete?

The only ones I've never crashed are ones that hadn't been flown at any stage  Cheesy
Haven't found what they mean by "crash guard" Huh.  The only crash guard that I know of, is NOT flying the thing!  I'm pretty sure that it's just advertizing hype - like the "thrust(?) vectoring elevator".

A Dedicated Convert to:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: